For the purposes of the General Data Protection Regulation (“GDPR”) and UK data protection laws, the controller is Dorset LTA (the “County Association”) of c/o The West Hants Club, Roslin Road South, Bournemouth, Dorset BH3 7EF.
About this document
How we collect your information
We may collect your personal data in a few limited ways, namely:
- Directly from you, when you make enquiries on our website, or when you interact with us in various other ways (for example, where you enter a competition, tournament or league organised by us, sign up for a course or lessons, apply for funding or support from us, attend a forum or workshop, sign up for our newsletter, provide support to us in a financial or in kind capacity or become a patron or associate member as an individual or on behalf of an organization or where you are invited to attend a county event as a spectator or parent);
- From the LTA (for example, where the LTA passes on your details to us in connection with a complaint or query you have raised about a tennis venue or the County Association).
The types of information we collect
We may collect the following types of personal data about you:
- Contact and communications information, including your contact details (including email address(es), telephone numbers and postal address(es) and records of communications and interactions we have had with you);
- Financial information, including Direct Debit details;
- Certain other information which you volunteer when making use of our services (for example, when entering a competition or tournament).
We may also collect data about your health or medical conditions, where you have volunteered this, for example so that we can cater for you when you attend a competition, tournament or a course.
How we use personal data
Personal data provided to us will be used for the purposes set out at the time of collection and, where relevant, in accordance with any preferences you express.
More generally, we will use your personal data for the following purposes:
- Administration of competitions and tournaments, including:
- informing you of details of a competition, league or tournament e.g. start date, location, match times;
- taking payment of tournament fees;
- Fulfilment of orders for goods and services, including court bookings;
- Administration of the Wimbledon ballot; where this is necessary for the performance of a contract with you;
- Research and statistical analysis about who is playing tennis in our county;
- Communication about our activities that we think may be of interest to you; where this is necessary for our legitimate interests (for example in increasing participation in the game generally);
- Promoting our County Association and promoting goods and services of third parties (for example, equipment suppliers, operators of coaching courses, and organisers of tennis events) where we think this will be of interest to you; where this is necessary for our legitimate interests (or the legitimate interests of a third party), and/or where we have your consent, as applicable.
Your marketing preferences
We will always respect your wishes in respect of what type of communications you want to receive from us and how you want to receive them. There are some communications, however, that we need to send you regardless of your marketing preferences in order for us to fulfil our contractual obligations to you. Examples of these essential service communications are:
- Records of transactions, such as payment receipts or Direct Debit confirmations (as applicable).
- Communications related to any competition, league or tournament that you have entered, including communications letting you know details of the relevant event and any changes you need to be aware of.
You are in control of how we communicate with you. You can update your choices and/or your contact details by contacting us at:
Telephone: 01202 519694
Post: Dorset LTA, c/o The West Hants Club, Roslin Road South, Bournemouth BH3 7EF
Sharing your information with others
We do not sell or share your personal data for other organisations to use other than as set out below.
Personal data collected and processed by us may be shared with the following third parties, where necessary:
- Our employees and volunteers, for the purposes of administering any goods or services that you have requested from us (e.g. administration of competitions, leagues and tournaments).
- Our contractors and suppliers, including coaches.
How long your information is kept
We keep your personal data only for as long as necessary for each purpose we use it. For most data, this means we retain it for a period of six years after your last interaction with us (for accounting, tax reporting and record-keeping purposes).
Under certain circumstances, by law you have the right to:
- Request access to your personal data (commonly known as a “data subject access request”). This enables you to receive a copy of the personal data we hold about you and to check that we are lawfully processing it.
- Request correction of the personal data that we hold about you. This enables you to have any incomplete or inaccurate information we hold about you corrected.
- Request erasure of your personal data. This enables you to ask us to delete or remove personal data where there is no good reason for us continuing to process it. You also have the right to ask us to delete or remove your personal data where you have exercised your right to object to processing (see below).
- Object to processing of your personal data where we are relying on a legitimate interest (or those of a third party) and there is something about your particular situation which makes you want to object to processing on this ground. You also have the right to object where we are processing your personal data for direct marketing purposes.
- Request the restriction of processing of your personal data. This enables you to ask us to suspend the processing of personal data about you, for example if you want us to establish its accuracy or the reason for processing it. You can also withdraw your consent, where this is the basis for our processing your data (without affecting the lawfulness of our previous processing based on consent).
- Request the transfer of your personal data to another party.
Please note that the above rights are not absolute, and we may be entitled to refuse requests where exceptions apply.
Contact and complaints
- by email: email@example.com;
- by telephone: 01202 519694;
- or by post: Dorset LTA, c/o The West Hants Club, Roslin Road South, Bournemouth
If you are not satisfied with how we are processing your personal data, you can make a complaint to the Information Commissioner. You can find out more about your rights under applicable data protection laws from the Information Commissioner’s Office website: www.ico.org.uk.
The Dorset LTA will respect your personal information and undertake to comply with all applicable UK Data Protection legislation currently in force.
You agree that all personal information provided by you either through this website or in writing may be used by The Dorset LTA soley for the purpose of communicating back to you.
Other than as required by law, or as permitted under these user conditions, The Dorset LTA will not disclose your registration details to any third party without your permission.
We may collect information about your computer, including where available your IP address, operating system and browser type – also information on your journey through this website – for our own website analysis.
Cookies contain information that is transferred to your computer’s hard drive.
They help us:
to improve our site and
to estimate our audience size and usage pattern and
to store information about your preferences, and
so allow us to customise our site accordingly.
The Google Analytics cookie is the only one being used by this website – it will contain no personal information about yourself and has no interest in anything other than analysing your visit to this website.